Oriental medicine is a complete medical system that originated in China and was adopted and enhanced by other Asian countries. This traditional medicine has diagnosed, treated, and prevented illness for over twenty three centuries. It can remedy ailments and alter states of mind, while also enhancing recuperative power, immunity, and the capacity for pleasure, work, and creativity. The basic strategy of Oriental medicine is to restore harmony and balance.
What does Traditional Oriental Medicine treat?
Oriental medicine works by itself as treatment for most common ailments; as a complement to regular medical treatment; or as an adjunct to almost any personal self-improvement program. Our medical office is proud to bring these Oriental Treatments to the Flagstaff community.
The World Health Organization recognizes Oriental medicine’s effectiveness in the treatment of more than 43 common disorders, including the following areas:
– Gastrointestinal: food allergies, ulcers, acid reflux, diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis
– Urogenital: stress incontinence, urinary tract infections, sexual dysfunction
– Gynecological: irregular, painful, or heavy periods, infertility, endometriosis, pre-menstrual syndrome, pregnancy support
– Respiratory: bronchitis, emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies
– Bone, muscle, joint and nervous system: arthritis, migraines, headaches, neuralgia, muscle pain, chronic fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, back, neck, and shoulder pain
– Circulatory: hypertension, angina, arteriosclerosis, anemia
– Emotional and psychological: depression, anxiety, mood disorders
– Addictions: alcoholism, drug and nicotine addiction
– Eye, ear, nose and throat disorders
– Supportive therapy for chronic illness, pain management, or to minimize the side effects of conventional medical treatments and surgery